ON the day support
If you are just looking for an extra pair of hands on the day, Southcoast Conferences can provide a specialised event team for events taking place on and off University sites to ensure your delegates and guests get a friendly and professional welcome to your event.
We engage with students across the University of Brighton and offer them the chance to join our dedicated Events Team where they are offered training and are supervised to provide them with professional work experience that they can add to their CV.
Each event, depending on size will require at least one Event Supervisor to oversee the staff. The amount of staff required will be subject to a number of factors like size of the venue, number of delegates, nature of the event. The final number of staff required will be decided by the Southcoast Event Support Manager upon initial scoping meeting with the client.
Southcoast Event Supervisor £240.00 per day
Southcoast Event Student £180.00 per day
* UOB personnel are subject to a discount saving on these rates and please enquire
Roles and Responsibilities
Southcoast Events team will perform the following duties
- Meet and greet delegates on arrival
- VIP guest meet and greet
- Staff a reception desk for the duration of the shift
- Distribute name badges and conference materials as required
- Support with venue checks if required
- Support with general ushering
- Support with delegates queries
- Support with Q&A sessions – i.e. roving microphone duties
In addition to the above, the Event Support Supervisor will perform the additional duties
- Briefing the Southcoast Event Support staff at the beginning of each shift on venue health and safety, roles and responsibilities and any other pertinent information for the shift
- Managing the team throughout the shift to ensure standards are being met at all times
- Managing the break times of the staff with due consideration to the events schedule
- Qualified first aider (if required)