Southcoast work in partnership with VisitBrighton and are currently developing a Partnership Programme which encourages and supports academics to bid for high profile events to come to Brighton, therefore offering a ‘one stop shop’ solution to conference organisation in a great location.
The team work closely with Conference Eastbourne to market a wealth of conference and events options in the town. The town will benefit from a £40 million investment into the development of Devonshire Park Centre, Winter Gardens and Congress Theatre, which is due for completion in 2020 and will further enhance Eastbourne as an ideal conference destination.
Given our commitment to green issues, Southcoast are delighted that our self-catering accommodation features in the Greentraveller online Eco Guide to Brighton.
Place to meet winners in recognition of Varley Park conference centre and services.
Bronze Award 2013 for Best Academic Venue
Meeting Industry Association (MiA) for service standards.
Our Hospitality team have an extensive range of sustainability goals covering the use of the freshest, local ingredients that give our customers both great quality and good value.
The service has 3 star rating by the Sustainable Restaurant Association, and has won numerous awards.
Commitment to sustainability
As a key part of the University of Brighton, Southcoast is committed to sustainable development and engaging positively with the local and wider community, in line with the university’s sustainability statement. This commitment includes:
- Sourcing the products we use from ethical suppliers
- Offering Fairtrade produce at each refreshment break
- Using fresh and seasonal products
- Filtering our tap water in-house to provide zero-mile water
- Using recycled papers in all printed brochures and promotions
- Implementing an e-marketing strategy to reduce printed materials
- Ensuring our conference pads and promotional gifts are recyclable where possible
- Recycling all our conference paper waste
- Using conference tables that don't need covers, which would otherwise require laundering
Click here for more information on our food quality and standards.