Moulsecoomb Campus Directions
Three miles from Brighton & Hove City centre location and only 10 minutes
drive from the A23. Benefits from amazing transport links with a regular bus
service into Brighton every 5 minutes and its own train station with direct
routes into Brighton and beyond.
Car parking is chargeable and requires a permit for all campuses, however, it is still on a first come first served bases. Price starts from £2.00 per day; 7am to 5pm. It is £4.50 in the evening; 5pm-7am. For more information please email us.
Moulsecoomb is well connected via local bus routes, with regular services to and from Brighton City Centre.
As part of the University of Brighton’s environmental policy, Southcoast encourages conference organisers and delegates to use public transport, car share or use other alternatives to cars when travelling to and from events.
The Brighton & Hove Bus and Coach Company runs services across the city, with tickets for limited services running past our Brighton campuses and a discount for university UniCard holders on all services. Tickets can be bought from bus drivers, online and on mobile phone apps.
- Cycle lanes run from the city centre along the A270 Lewes Road through Moulsecoomb to Falmer. There are cycle cages and cycle stands adjacent to each of the site's main buildings.
- Moulsecoomb station is situated behind the Watts and Cockcroft buildings and is two stops from the main Brighton station. There are up to four trains an hour from Moulsecoomb to Falmer (four minutes' journey time), two trains an hour direct to Eastbourne (35 minutes' journey time) and regular direct and connecting services to Hastings (70 minutes' average journey time).
- Visit the National Rail Enquiries website for timetables and passenger information.
From the A23
1. At the Mill Road roundabout, as you approach Brighton take the left-hand lane signposted Newhaven, Lewes (A27).
2. At the mini roundabout take the second exit (straight over).
3. At the next mini roundabout take the second exit (right) onto the A27 eastbound.
4. On the A27 branch left (signposted Hollingbury Industrial Estate) and then at the roundabout take the first exit onto Coldean Lane, signposted Coldean, Ditchling.
5. Continue down Coldean Lane until you reach the junction with A270 Lewes Road (large junction with traffic lights).
6. Do NOT bear left and take the junction to the A27 signposted universities.
7. Turn right and continue for approximately two kilometres past Wild Park and under the railway bridge.
8. The Cockcroft and Watts buildings are on your right and Mithras House is on the left, 100 metres further on.
From the A27 heading east
Follow the directions above from the beginning, bearing in mind you are already on the A27 heading towards Lewes.
From the A27 heading west
Follow the directions above from point four.